Saturday, April 08, 2006

Merike Saarniit's visit to Hillcreek

Hi there! I'm Marsha, an occasional worker here in the shop, and the resident "geek" here. I've been blogging personally for a number of years, and have been encouraging Bex to get a blog for the shop. We have so much to share!

It's always a great day when Merike (pronounced Med-e-ka) Saarniit comes to town. She's my personal spinning guru. I tried to take drop spinning up years ago, and was both bad at it and I really disliked it. Over two years ago, Merike asked me to give her 10 minutes, because she was sure I would change my mind about spinning. Now alot of people know me around town as "that drop spinner," and I did pretty well at Maryland Sheep and Wool spinning competition last year. Merike, you've helped to turn me into a "fiber geek"!

This is Bex with Merike:

Bex and Merike

Merike Saarniit taught her Handspinning for Hand-Knit Socks class yesterday.

Erin's ready to start the class with her Babe wheel.

Erin

Merike starts the class...

Merike Saarniit

That's the shop's non traditional fiberlicious Yule tree in the background, primarily make with a triangle-woven shawl.

Nancy takes a break to read the brand new edition (Spring 2006) of Spin Off. Merike has an article in this edition on spinning the perfect sock yarn.

SpinningClass

Merike's looks very intent on her explaination...

Merike Saarniit

Everyone said they really enjoyed the class.

There was additional merriment to be had, as I turned 29 again (and again, and again), so I was birthday-ed.

Marsha

We all were full of lots of sugar in the afternoon, with the pretty big chocolate birthday cake. We have leftovers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home