Thursday, February 15, 2007

Support needy local teens, and tatting demo

Since the Super Bowl, the yarn shoppe has been open on Sundays from noon to five. Rose and Chrizzy are manning the shop on Sundays. Both these teens are hoping to keep the shoppe open on Sundays because they need the $$$ for their busy teen lifestyles.

Please support teens Rose and Chrizzy by shopping at Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe on Sunday. If they can't get enough people to stop in, they may be fired. Okay, not fired all the way, but they may loose their Sunday shift which gives them income without interfering with their school work. How about a little pity for these poor wayward girls, folks?

I've heard some whisperings of secret promotions to get customers in on Sundays. I suggested 50% off Sundays, but Bex gave the the look that says, "be serious." I don't know what they will wind up doing, but you can try making your own suggestion.

This Sunday, February 18, I'll be demonstrating tatting at the shoppe at 3 pm. The demo is free. Tatting is probably the easiest form of lace a person could make. I can't think of an easier technique off the top of my head. It involves one knot and only one knot, for all patterns. You learn how to make the knot and how to join rings of knots together (really easy) and you can make some beautiful doilies, snowflakes, baby bonnets, bookmarks and other lace items. Tatting is a very convenient needlecraft you can easily carry in a sandwich bag in your purse. It's also inexpensive. I prefer needle tatting to shuttle tatting, but I'll see if I can dig out one of my shuttles so I can demo both techniques. Bex also has a video on needle tatting that you can rent from the yarn shoppe for just $5, if you miss my free demo. However, the video won't answer your questions or show you the techniques from any old angle you choose. A limited supply of tatting needles and shuttles are available at the shoppe, as well as several books on tatting. Let's stir up some interest in this historic craft so Bex will carry even more books and supplies. How 'bout it?

I hope to see you Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home