Monday, March 12, 2007

Sunday Demos

We've had some fun with our Sunday demos. We did tatting, tri-looms, spinning and backwards knitting.

Last week I hurt my arm and Rose had to bail me out on the spinning demo. It was disappointing for me because I have a new spinning wheel and I was really looking forward to it. Fortunately, Rose is a talented spinner, as those who attended the demo learned. After spinning straw into gold for amazed onlookers, Rose did an encore spinning actual spider webs. What a talent!

Yesterday I demoed backwards knitting, a technique useful in entrelac and also a favorite method of knitting for left-handed folks. After doing a few rows backwards, an onlooker challenged me to do it standing on my head. You know I can't walk away from a challenge, so I did. By the time the shop closed, I was standing on my head, knitting backwards, and spinning plates with my feet.

How on Earth can we possibly top these spectacular demos? You tell us. What would YOU like to see for next Sunday's demo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home