Thursday, July 27, 2006

The CIRCULARS are here! Lantern Moon & Bryspun

The Lantern Moon circulars have arrived! Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe has them in Ebony and Rosewood, 16", 26" and 32" lengths, sizes from 4 through 11.

Lantern Moon always has exquisitely beautiful products, but they aren't just pretty. My wood single point needles are treasured and useful tools in my collection. I make a real production out of using them! First assemble the heaps and piles of yarn that need to be wound into balls. Get the pattern out, all ready to use. Then reach over and pull out the Lantern Moon wooden needles. Hmmm. Knitting is a sensual experience!

I'm looking forward to adding the circulars. My current circular needles are fine tools. They are there ready to work whenever I need them. Trusty. Sturdy. I think that the Lantern Moon circulars are going expand the adjectives that I'll use next time to describe my circular knitting experience!

Do you know the story of Lantern Moon? Here is their mission statement. This company is one that fits Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe's fair market philosophy!

There's more!

HYS now carries Bryspun circular needles! You might be familiar with Bryspun knitting needles (single point, double point and now circular). The company advertises that they are made of a special plastic that warms to the touch and is especially suited for arthritic hands. Knitters have also found that the points of Bryspun needles are great for scooping into tight stitches. I've used them for a mouse pattern that started at the nose and then immediately expanded into the body; I had a very difficult time making all those tight little stitches. My Bryspun double points helped do the trick! And they were wonderful when working with Merike Saarnitt's Estonian stitches! The Bryspun circulars are useful warm additions to our knitting tool box!

If you're in town, stop by the Shoppe! 1414 Rangeline under the giant ball of yarn sign! Or give us a call. We have friends/customers all over the world!

573-449-KNIT (5648) or 1-866-482-KNIT (5648)

----Denyse for Bex of Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home