Sunday, September 24, 2006

BLOODY SOCK OF DEATH


Well, here it is. I pulled an all-nighter and finished it in under 24 hours. I wanted to get it shipped out today for delivery Monday morning, but I screwed up on the FedEx deadline (I thought I had until 2 pm, but I didn't).

My bloody socks of doom are knit of black sport-weight Brown Sheep wool, with red glass dropplet bead decorations and ruby metalic embroidery floss (for blood trickles).

I passed out on the couch after finishing them, waiting for the camera software to install on my laptop. Ruby (Cole's daughter) woke me up insisting she needed to go potty. Or play. She wasn't sure which. So I checked the install and here I am, again, up at 2:40 am.

I'm heading to bed. More on Sock Wars tomorrow.





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shivers in fear*

7:24 PM  
Blogger fledchen said...

Those are very scary socks :)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love Love it!! They'll get some comments, they will!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

I wondered how you were faring since Yarnmonkeys been unable to send out dossiers. I remember being in there 2 weeks ago and you were gearing up then.
I have several friends who've finished knitting their socks and have posted pics as they got ready to mail them, but both have the disadvantage of being in either Australia or England, with victims in the US, so they are reliant on mail services.
Interesting embellishment Kirsten.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love these, but I've missed hearing the updates. Whats new?????? When they get you I hope you post a copy of the sock that ended the game. What fun!!!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very descriptive, Kirsten. However, I think they're "cute" deadly socks!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Yes, of course I'll post the socks that kill me! I just hope I get to knit a few more "killers" before they come. -grin-

I did get a package Saturday, but fortunately it was part of the Dorthy costume being shipped to me by my sister. I made the original costume for her dog years ago and she mailed the pinafore and braids to me to use for Ruby.

So Whew! no socks of death yet!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home